It’s the beginning of another year in Minnesota, which means we’re all back to small talking about cold weather as a way to break the silence in elevators and at bus stops. In 2013, give up saying mundane things. Instead, give them your well-prepared elevator speech! (No speech? Call me!)
Or at least resolve to break the small talk rut with these conversation starters:
- January – What is your favorite snowflake type?
- February – Do you believe in the Groundhog?
- March – Where do you stand on Daylight Savings?
- April – Have you seen any daffodil sightings yet?
- May – Will you be celebrating National Bike Month?
- June – What is your favorite flotation device?
- July – Don’t you feel that the bomb pop design is fundamentally flawed?
- August – Why aren’t there any holidays in August?
- September – What was your favorite Trapper Keeper cover?
- October – How old is too old for trick-or-treating?
- November – Pumpkin, Apple or Pecan?
- December – Top ten…anything.
Happy New Year, friends.